- The open source software movement provides an inspiration for an affordable and credible solution
- Free and Open-Source Software (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FOSS).
- Many hundreds of volunteer individuals have contributed to the development of high quality software which is freely available on the Internet.
- In the education field, there are now parallel developments of Open Educational Resources(OER), with an ever expanding range of high quality on line resources that are freely available through the Internet. (http://oerwiki.iiep-unesco.org/index.php?title=Main_Page).
- This provides the inspiration for Peoples-uni, using a volunteer workforce, to develop and deliver an educational context around resources freely available on the Internet
- This will allow Peoples-uni to provide high quality education at a very low cost
Main menu 2