Structure of each course module/unit
The individual course modules/units each have a standard format and structure as per the list below:
- Course module/unit title and a Course module/unit code (PU for Peoples-uni; Initials of the title; year developed. Thus the Maternal Mortality course module/unit developed for delivery in 2008 has the code PUMM08)
- Type of course - all are for online learning with discussion forums and assignments for assessment.
- Level of course - all are pitched at the Masters level.
- Modules/units can be taken in any year of study, in any order, will involve 5 Topics each to last 2 weeks (although the Module will be offered over a 15 week period to allow time for catch-up and assignments). We plan to offer each module/unit twice a year.
- Each module/unit contains the same number of credits (20 or 10 in the European Credit Transfer System).
- The names of the course delivery team are given in each module/unit.
- Objectives of the module/unit are expressed in terms of headline competences or learning outcomes(the major set of knowledge/skills that the student is expected to gain) and assessment criteria which are designed to help identify what will be covered in the assignments).
- Each course module/unit contains the competences and assessment criteria, the resources to which links have been provided (and pdf files for those who want to download them to their computer), a discussion forum for discussions with other students led by at least one online facilitator, and the assignments required.
- All material and discussion is in English.